Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 298
Honors Studies (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
An opportunity for the talented student to explore individually, in depth, under the guidance of a faculty member, a topic, issue or problem related to the field of Computer Graphics Technology. Available to Deans List level students or equivalent and with the consent of the instructor. This course will not be listed in the schedule of classes. To enroll in this course, a candidate must submit a project plan to an instructor. The instructor will review the plan with the candidate and may recommend changes. When the project is approved, a course section will be created and the student will be given permission to enroll.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Consent of department. Minimum overall Schoolcraft GPA of 3.5.
- CGT 234 or may be taken concurrently, or
- CGT 252 or may be taken concurrently, or
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Formulate a project that meets the department's needs and expands the student's design/technical skill set.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with an instructor and, if necessary, other students on an extended project.
- Conduct necessary research for a large graphic communication project.
- Analyze the marketing issues and demographics related to the project.
- Effectively communicate the dynamics of the project and possible outcomes.
- Use software and hardware appropriate for the project.
- Formulate a production plan, schedule and budget for this complex, long term project.
- Facilitate any changes to the project to expedite production or conform to department's critique.
- Demonstrate self-management skills.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.