Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 270
Internship (0-3) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This internship is designed for the exceptional Computer Graphic Technology student. This course consists of work as an intern Graphic Designer, Media Developer or similar position with an approved business or company. CGT Internships will be administrated by a faculty member and approved by the CGT Department. The instructor and the business partner will jointly evaluate the student.
An additional project will be developed for the client outside the normal working hours. This project will be managed by the CGT faculty member.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Consent of department.
- CGT 234 or may be taken concurrently, or
- CGT 252 or may be taken concurrently, or
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply learned design skills to real world production situations, needs and timeframes.
- Apply project management skills to real world situations.
- Evaluate information provided by the client so that output can conform to the client's product needs and demographic base.
- Apply the basic principles of design to real world situations with economic restrictions.
- Adapt within the social, organizational and technical systems of the workplace by creating and using schedules and work plans.
- Implement production techniques by accessing information, interpreting data and problem solving.
- Revise projects to expedite production or conform to client's critique.
- Effectively communicate with clients, administrators and co-workers.
- Apply learning styles and information processing styles to positively affect interpersonal relationships.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.