Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 226
Digital Imaging 2 - Photoshop (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will further explore the uses of photography and the digital image in the field of graphic design. Students will learn how object oriented graphics and design can be enhanced with the dynamic range of Photoshop options. Students will develop advanced compositing skills, sensitivity to the selection of color modes plus channel and masking options, restoration and repair processes and an understanding of usable effects.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply previous developed layer, masking, path/selection and layer adjustment skills to develop composite images.
- Apply RGB, CMYK and LAB color options to improve image quality, apply channel options and develop masking techniques.
- Distinguish between which color options can effectively correct file based color variations and maximize image output.
- Formulate a process for photographic retouching using methods to reduce imperfections and enhance positive traits.
- Analyze a restoration to determine what damage has been done and what is necessary to reconstruct its photographic quality.
- Apply appropriate channel, color options, masks, and cloning/healing brush skills to reconstruct photographic quality.
- Explore application options and effects that expand creative possibilities.
- Apply compositing skills to merge images that collectively maximize image quality and effectively present a message.
- Produce a concept that demonstrates how visual imagery can clearly communicate an emotional impression.
- Demonstrate the creative process of theme development, product planning, plus the application of design and technical skills, to achieve a product that visually communicates a message.
| ||226||149317||Digital Imaging 2 Photoshop|| ||3||Mehall M||$42.00||13/22/0||Open||R 01:00 PM-03:52 PM AS375
| ||226||149362||Digital Imaging 2 Photoshop|| ||3||Mehall M||$42.00||18/22/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:52 PM AS375