Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 212
Advanced Interactive Media (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides an in-depth exposure to scripting used in interactive media. Students will learn to write scripts which extend and enhance non-linear, computer-based projects. During the semester, each student will design and produce a complex, highly interactive project such as a Web site, computer game or computer-based training module. Students should have a working knowledge of scripting techniques before beginning this class.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Consent of department.
CGT 141 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply good project management skills.
- Create storyboards, flowcharts, prototypes, rough cuts and pencil tests for use in the creation of interactive projects.
- Employ a professional production process in the creation of complex interactive projects.
- Modify content as necessary to allocate memory effectively.
- Apply good design and typographic skills to screen-based projects.
- Create bitmap and vector graphics for use in screen-based projects.
- Create scripts for interactive media employing navigation, variables, conditional statements and property changes using both mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Solve scripting problems using logic and systematic troubleshooting techniques.
- Create complex interactive projects using efficient navigation, feedback to the user and organization.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.