Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 210
Visual Effects Production (1-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to integrate video production techniques, 3D model building and computer graphics compositing. Students will develop the practical skills to coordinate the merger of these techniques into a consistent visual effects production. This course will enable the students to effectively calculate shooting angles, monitor film speeds, develop mattes and scale 3D models or miniatures into a final scene. Safe Practical Effects will be developed that can be used on a set to accomplish dramatic effects while maintaining visual continuity of composited digital images.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 208 or may be taken concurrently, or
- Consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform proper green screen shooting techniques and masking.
- Fix improperly exposed footage.
- Determine the Horizontal Angle of View to create models in post production with the proper scale.
- Develop techniques to remove unwanted visual elements.
- Establish Safe Practical Effects that can be used on set to help sell composite digital images.
- Explain the process for calculating the camera's frame rate when shooting scaled models.
- Explain motion tracking.
- Integrate camera and lens data within 3D programs to simulate and recreate the camera's settings.
- Direct Miniature Shooting to achieve realistic speed using scaled models.
- Correct problematic situations digitally within video frames.
- Coordinate the repair, shooting and creation of digital set extensions.
| ||210||119362||Visual Effects Production|| ||3||Salo J||$42.00||16/24/0||Open||R 07:00 PM-09:52 PM JC110