Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 208
Digital Video Production (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is an overview of skills required to create digital video productions. Students will develop video productions using pre-production planning, practical skills in camera usage, efficiencies in directing and production skills and refined non-linear editing. The productions developed during the semester will include informational, marketing and promotional materials.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 247 with a minimum grade of 2.0 and
- CGT 168 or may be taken concurrently, or
- Consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate common computer graphic file formats and pixel /vector-based graphic images with audio files.
- Demonstrate the concepts of time and space with the manipulation available with transformation, motion tools and effect options.
- Modify images with masks and mattes plus the combining of masks and alpha channels.
- Demonstrate audio manipulation and the synchronization of images with timing and tracking options.
- Demonstrate the operational and creative capabilities of a digital video camera.
- Distinguish which camera angle and sightline best communicates the scene's message.
- Evaluate the lighting requirements for a scene based on mood and action.
- Determine production needs with pre-production planning tools.
- Direct action and camera to best communicate the production's goals.
- Integrate these production skills with multiple motion graphics applications and rendering media.
| ||208||149338||Digital Video Production|| ||3||Salo J||$42.00||19/22/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:52 AM JC110