Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 166
Photography (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to instruct the student on photographic principles that affect exposure, image structure, composition, printing and the interface with digital media. Students will experience hands-on photography sessions that demonstrate lighting, visual effects and composition development based on contrast and focal point awareness. In conjunction with the camera, the student will explore advanced digital imaging options, the zone system and creative merging techniques. Course materials are designed for the student pursuing a graphic design career. The student will be required to have a 35mm camera and is responsible for film and processing costs or digital equivalent.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Computer experience highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize the functions of the camera as a creative tool.
- Develop an awareness of exposure options and how the manipulation of image structure affects the photographic impression.
- Apply the process of composing within the view finder, taking into account effects of lighting, camera position and subject interaction.
- Develop alternative imaging options that will explore previously unobtainable visual alternatives.
- Utilize the merger of optical and digital issues to create imagery to be used in other applications.
- Utilize the Zone System to maximize the efficiency of establishing an exposure.
- Translate the dynamics of the Zone System into lighting techniques and options.
- Adapt basic design principals into the composing of photographic imagery.
- Manipulate the Depth of Field of an image to maximize the required impression of the photographic image.
- Capture the impression of stop action or movement to express the emotion within the action.
- Transfer the knowledge of lighting and composition into Portrait photography.
- Capture the emotions of Editorial photography using attained skills.
- Explore the options within Action photography and the variations in image structure based on a slow or fast shutter.
| ||166||149310||Photography|| ||3||Mehall M||$42.00||9/22/0||Open||F 10:00 AM-12:52 PM AS375
| ||166||149361||Photography|| ||3||Salo J||$42.00||14/22/0||Open||R 07:00 PM-09:52 PM AS375
| ||166||129326||Photography|| ||3||Salo J||$42.00||17/24/0||Open||T 09:30 AM-01:08 PM AS310