Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 163
Web Design and Development 2 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course emphasizes the integration of design principles and software skills to create effective Web sites using advanced Web design process. Students will explore design and development features; such as, User Interface and User Experience Design, HTML (5+), Cascading Style Sheets (3+) (CSS), tables (for tabular data display), forms and embedding various media types; such as, Flash and video. Students will construct valuable solutions to the needs and goals of the client with attentive focus on project descriptions, design compositions, site maps, wireframes, usability testing, project management and optimization. Students will study how the Web works, its design and development challenges, current industry standards specified by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the transferring of local files to a remote live Web server. Adobe Dreamweaver and other current Web software will be used.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 136 with a minimum grade of 2.0.
- CGT 127 with a minimum grade of 2.0.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize advanced HTML for developing site structure.
- Utilize advanced Cascading Style Sheets for developing site presentation.
- Implement current W3C standards of development with HTML (5+) and CSS (3+) practice.
- Identify the target audience, needs and goals of the client in order to construct a valuable solution to their design problem.
- Build sites using advanced Web design process.
- Implement appropriate User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design methods and techniques.
- Develop various multimedia, forms, tables, text and graphic design elements for integration into Web design.
- Leverage sitemaps, design compositions, wireframes and project descriptions to enhance efficient Web design process.
- Explain how the World Wide Web works, its design and development challenges and current industry standards and trends.
- Test the usability of a Web site.
- Manage a Web site.
- Publish a Web site.
| ||163||149342||Web Design Dev 2|| ||3||Ingesoulian S||$42.00||22/24/0||Open||R 04:00 PM-06:52 PM JC103
| ||163||119356||Web Design Dev 2|| ||3||Inman C||$42.00||13/24/0||Open||M 07:00 PM-09:52 PM JC103