Computer Graphics Technology - CGT 125
Digital Imaging 1 - Photoshop (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces students to the field of digital imaging and electronic photographic manipulation using Adobe Photoshop. Emphasis is placed on developing strong software and digital imaging skills plus reinforcement of design and creative skills. This will be accomplished through a series of progressively challenging assignments, which mirror professional studio projects. The class will progress the student's skills from basic application knowledge to advanced image manipulation techniques. The assignments will be applicable for both print and screen based imagery. Students are expected to have some computer experience and be familiar with basic functions of the computer before beginning the class.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 109 or may be taken concurrently.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of the basic functions of the computer plus the policies and procedures used in the computer labs: how to use multi-tasking, how to use the file server, how to select and use the printers.
- Demonstrate basic and advanced imaging and design theory.
- Differentiate between the predominantly raster based tools of Photoshop plus vector graphics to develop image structures.
- Qualify the differences between the color systems within the application in order to maximize an effective outcome.
- Master the drawing tool modes and modification options directly related to the proficiency of layers, layer mask, layer modes and layer adjustments.
- Demonstrate the constructive process of integrating selections, quick masks, layer masks and channels to isolate image structures.
- Apply image adjustments and filter techniques with the creation and manipulation of imagery.
- Master the pen tool and its integration of vector control and pixel based selectability.
- Develop skills in capturing images by scanning, procuring online digital images, photographic downloads and Raw files.
- Develop a sensitivity to color, lighting, tonal, and textural issues when compositing images.
- Apply rendering, cloning and compositing knowledge to retouch and restore images.
- Exercise compositional design skills that relate to the creation of finished art work.
- Transfer the image development skills, layer based image development and layer mask editing to time based animation.
- Develop the creative skills within Photoshop that can be used in animation, photo processing, publishing and screen based industries.
- Explore how Photoshop can expand the creative role of the graphic designer.
| ||125||129317||Digital Imaging 1 Photoshop|| ||3||Mehall M||$42.00||24/24/0||Open||M R 10:00 AM-01:10 PM JC110
| ||125||119304||Digital Imaging Photoshop|| ||3||Voyles T||$42.00||11/24/0||Open||R 04:00 PM-06:52 PM JC110
| ||125||119311||Digital Imaging Photoshop|| ||3||Mehall M||$42.00||17/24/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:52 AM JC110
| ||125||119354||Digital Imaging Photoshop|| ||3||Jacobs E||$42.00||16/24/0||Open||R 07:00 PM-09:52 PM JC103