Computer Aided Design - CAD 103
Engineering Graphics (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to introduce the student to the basic concepts and standard practices necessary for the graphical communication of technical data which includes the reading, interpretation and creation of engineering drawings, technical sketching and introduction to computer-aided drafting (CAD). Topics introduced include orthographic projection, pictorials, sectioning, auxiliary views, dimensioning, tolerancing, surface finish and fasteners. This course is designed for the transfer Engineering student and as an introductory course for those who are considering a career as a mechanical or tool designer.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create orthographic views from 3D model or sketch.
- Create full section views from orthographic views.
- Create half section views from orthographic views.
- Create primary auxiliary views from orthographic views.
- Apply dimensions and notes to drawing views.
- Perform arithmetic operations to determine dimensional information including tolerances.
- Demonstrate the ability to read a metric scale.
- Demonstrate the ability to read a decimal inch scale.
- Construct 2D drawings using CAD software.
- Modify 2D drawings using CAD software.
- Print 2D drawings using CAD software.
- Annotate 2D image of part using CAD software.
- Modify drawing title block using CAD software.
- Save computer files to specified locations.
- Retrieve computer files from specified locations.
- Submit drawing files through course management system.
| ||103||144205||Engineering Graphics|| ||3||Rochon S||$187.00||11/24/0||Open||T R 12:00 PM-01:54 PM AS320
| ||103||144258||Engineering Graphics|| ||3||Rochon S||$187.00||20/24/0||Open||T 05:30 PM-09:24 PM AS320
| ||103||144263||Engineering Graphics|| ||3||Rochon S||$187.00||19/20/0||Open||W 05:30 PM-09:24 PM AS900
| ||103||124230||Engineering Graphics|| ||3||Rochon S||$180.00||19/24/0||Open||T R 12:00 PM-02:26 PM AS310
| ||103||124251||Engineering Graphics|| ||3||Williams A||$180.00||3/20/0||Open||T R 06:00 PM-08:26 PM AS310