Computer Aided Design - CAD 101
Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed for the experienced drafter who wants to obtain some CAD skills. Topics to be covered will include 2D drawing creation, drawing, editing, and plotting as well as view manipulation. In addition, the student will learn the basics about file saving, retrieving and copying.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Drafting experience and consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Manage entry and exit to the CAD software.
- Construct 2D drawings using CAD software.
- Modify 2D drawings using CAD software.
- Annotate 2D image of a part using CAD software.
- Create title block drawings.
- Insert title block drawings into existing drawings.
- Retrieve a drawing file from a specified location.
- Save a drawing file to a specified location.
- Manipulate the screen so that the drawing image is workable using zoom, pan or other view manipulation commands.
- Utilize efficiency techniques in CAD (such as keystrokes, grips, and advance copy options).
- Utilize layer function in creating 2D drawings.
- Utilize the networked output devices to plot or print a drawing file or a portion of a drawing file.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.