Business - BUS 291
Business Internship (1-12/40) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of business and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12 to 40 hours per week off-campus at the employer's location. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the college and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. The selection of eligible students to register for the course is a competitive process that includes attending a resume workshop at the Career Center, submission of a resume with a cover letter and interviews.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- BUS 101 with a minimum grade of 3.0 and two additional Schoolcraft Business courses, consent of Department and an overall GPA of 2.5.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze business skills to real world projects.
- Utilize time management skills by creating and using schedules and work plans.
- Adapt within the social, organizational and technical systems of the workplace.
- Evaluate information so that output can conform to the employer's product or service needs.
- Solve assigned employer problems through data analysis and information.
- Practice tactful and professional oral and written communication.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (e.g. dress, professional ethics and formal communication).
- Perform other business duties as assigned by supervisor.
| ||291||117405||Business Internship|| ||3||Staff||$12.00||5/5/0||Open||