Business - BUS 104
Operating a Small Business (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to explore the many considerations involved in owning and operating a small business. The course will emphasize the operation of a small business including insurance, employee relations, inventory control, purchasing, e-commerce, succession planning, financing, international business, legal and ethical issues.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 or minimum test score of 22 ACT-English, 29 SAT-Writing and Language or 108 CPT-Sentence Skills.
- BUS 103 or may be taken concurrently.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine risk management programs in a small business.
- Develop human resource management practices for small business.
- Evaluate family business succession plans.
- Explore basic business law principles.
- Justify vendor selection and inventory control procedures.
- Select debt and equity finance options for a small business.
- Analyze E-commerce opportunities for small business.
- Apply business ethics and social responsibility to small business practices.
- Assess small business practices in the global marketplace.
| ||104||142632||Oper Small Business|| ||3||Ontko S||$12.00||30/30/0||Open||T R 10:30 AM-11:50 AM AS830
| ||104||142957||Oper Small Business||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||104||132415||Oper Small Business||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||104||112957||Oper Small Business||Online||3||Ontko S||$12.00||2/31/0||Open||
| ||104||112609||Oper Small Business|| ||3||Ontko S||$12.00||14/30/0||Open||T R 01:00 PM-02:20 PM AS830