Biomedical Engineering Technology - BMET 204
Biomedical Instrumentation Terminology and Safety 2 (2-2) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended to provide students with knowledge of medical equipment in the hospital setting, equipment management, equipment maintenance and other fundamental principals related to Biomedical Engineering Technology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Acceptance into the Biomedical Engineering Technology Program (BMET) and
- BMET 116 with a grade of 3.0 or better.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate between hospital departments.
- Evaluate job market opportunities both local and national.
- Develop a presentation explaining the use of medical equipment to the Medical Staff.
- Summarize the components of a Biomedical Engineering Department.
- Apply concepts necessary for passing the BMET Certification Exam.
- Network with other BMET's.
- Explain how to use a Watt Meter.
- Explain how to use an Electrosurgical Analyzer.
- Explain the necessary steps to take an ECG.
- Explain the necessary steps to take a Blood Pressure.
- Explain how to use an Infusion Tester.
- Explain the necessary steps to take a Pulse Oximetry reading.
| ||204||114557||BMET Instrum Term & Safety 2|| ||4||Peters C||$37.00||3/20/0||Open||R 05:00 PM-08:54 PM AS164