Art and Design - ART 233
Ceramics 3: Theory and Elements (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of ART 134 where theories and elements of ceramics as an art form are critiqued. Students analyze advanced techniques used by published clay artists when creating complex works of art.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze how clay artists can evoke a positive response from the viewer.
- Compare and contrast ways in which ceramics, as an art form, can function within society.
- Categorize theories based on elements, techniques and application for ceramics.
- Summarize what equipment facilitates the construction of simple to complex ceramic forms.
- Compare and contrast the relationship between two-dimensional and three-dimensional ceramic forms.
- Summarize the history of patterns used throughout world cultures as it relates to tile making.
- Construct uniform tiles utilizing an art history source as a guide.
- Predict the plasticity, shrinkage and absorption of various clay bodies.
- Explain the process and standards clay artists utilize for surface decoration, including the creation of original stamps for imprinting on clay surfaces.
| ||233||149140||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Orlando R||$142.00||7/16/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F410
| ||233||149141||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Orlando R||$142.00||2/16/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||233||149142||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||4/16/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||233||149156||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||1/16/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM F410
| ||233||119140||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||16/16/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||233||119141||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Orlando R||$142.00||7/16/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F410
| ||233||119142||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Orlando R||$142.00||13/16/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||233||119160||Ceramics 3 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||6/16/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM F410