Art and Design - ART 134
Ceramics 2: Theory and Elements (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of ART 133 where theories and elements comprising the art form of ceramics are interpreted. Students examine advanced techniques and materials utilized by published artists and those in art history sources.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain why published clay artist want to evoke a response from the viewer.
- Explain the similarities and differences ceramics has with other art forms.
- Summarize how multiple construction techniques of handbuilding and wheel throwing have impacted ceramics as an art form.
- Explain the techniques used by clay artists when creating art through coil and slab methods.
- Investigate the formulas published clay artists have used in various glazing techniques.
- Compare and contrast the properties of different clay bodies.
- Explain what the requirements are for maintaining the structural integrity of large scale ceramic works.
- Explain why safety requirements are necessary for ceramic vessels which are used for food preparation, storage and serving.
- Compare and contrast ceramic theories, methods and techniques from different cultures and/or time periods.
| ||134||149131||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||1/16/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F410
| ||134||149132||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||3/16/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||134||149133||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||7/16/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||134||149153||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Neslund S||$142.00||7/16/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM F410
| ||134||119131||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||16/16/0||Open||R 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||134||119132||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||16/16/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F410
| ||134||119133||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Murphy J||$142.00||16/16/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F410
| ||134||119157||Ceramics 2 Theory|| ||3||Neslund S||$142.00||16/16/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM F410