Art and Design - ART 120
Drawing: Theory and Elements (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course examines the elements of drawing in noted art works. Students study how artists use spatial and value relationships to create art and then summarize basic approaches to drawing and media.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine works of art where drawing was the primary approach to create emotion from the viewer.
- Explain the ways in which drawings impact their intended audience.
- Compare and contrast the relationship and importance of drawing to other art forms.
- Analyze drawings, from established Art History sources, that effectively utilize traditional methods to achieve accurate spatial relationships to achieve accurate proportion.
- Summarize how drawings show proportion and spatial relationships.
- Analyze drawings, from established Art History sources, that effectively utilize traditional methods to achieve accurate value relationships to achieve form and dimension.
- Critique drawings for basic form and dimension.
- Explain how drawings create the illusion of depth by recording the effect of light on surfaces.
- Illustrate drawings that utilize spatial differentiation.
- Summarize how drawings show linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Investigate compatibility of different drawing media with different surfaces.
| ||120||140217||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris S||$37.00||15/20/0||Open||M 08:00 AM-10:54 AM F400
| ||120||140218||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris S||$37.00||12/20/0||Open||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F400
| ||120||140219||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Ewing K||$37.00||11/20/0||Open||T 01:00 PM-03:54 PM F400
| ||120||140221||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||9/20/0||Open||T 09:00 AM-11:54 AM F400
| ||120||240251||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Ewing K||$37.00||17/20/0||Open||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM RC310
| ||120||120205||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||11/20/0||Open||T R 09:00 AM-12:10 PM F400
| ||120||120250||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris S||$37.00||9/20/0||Open||M W 05:00 PM-08:10 PM F400
| ||120||130202||Draw Theory & Elem|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||10/20/0||Open||M W 09:00 AM-12:10 PM F400