Accounting - ACCT 330
Managerial Accounting for a Food Service Operation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course you will apply managerial accounting concepts utilized in planning, analyzing and interpreting the results of a business within a food service operation. This course will include: operating budgets, cost controls for inventory, labor and other expense, variance analysis, financial performance evaluation and problem solving. This course will integrate web-based learning tools and spreadsheet applications.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the role of accounting in a food service industry.
- Explain the role of ethics in a food service operation.
- Develop sales forecasts for a food service operation.
- Develop operating budgets for a food service operation.
- Prepare Cost Volume Profit (CVP) Analysis.
- Evaluate cost controls for inventory.
- Evaluate labor costs and other expenses.
- Evaluate labor productivity.
- Analyze financial results for a food service operation.
- Apply internal controls for cash and inventory.
- Explore domestic and global market forces that impact food and beverage costs.
- Explore industry specific technology used in a food service operation.
| ||330||117829||Mgm Acct Food Ser Op||Hybrid||3||Randall M||$12.00||28/28/0||Open||M 09:30 AM-11:24 AM AS376