Accounting - ACCT 205
Accounting Internship (1-12/40) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of accountancy and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12 to 40 hours per week off-campus at the employer's location within an accounting department. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the college and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. The selection of eligible students to register for the course is a competitive process that includes testing, submission of a resume with a cover letter and interviews.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ACCT 201 with a minimum grade of 3.0 and consent of department and an overall GPA of 2.5.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze business transactions.
- Perform basic accounting functions.
- Maintain accounting records.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Apply internal control procedures used within the accounting department.
- Evaluate internal control environment of the organization.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (i.e., dress, professional ethics, work ethic and formal communications).
- Perform other accounting or business duties as assigned by supervisor.
| ||205||147404||Accounting Internship|| ||3||Randall M||$12.00||1/1/0||Open||
| ||205||127406||Accounting Internship|| ||3||Randall M||$12.00||3/3/0||Open||
| ||205||117401||Accounting Internship|| ||3||Randall M||$12.00||3/4/0||Open||