Accounting - ACCT 138
Income Tax Preparation (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is an introductory course in Federal and Michigan individual income tax laws and return preparation. Special emphasis will be given to Federal Tax Form 1040 with accompanying Schedule A (itemized deductions). In addition, the course will include preparation of Michigan Tax Form MI-1040 and City of Detroit returns.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Categorize transactions for appropriate tax treatment.
- Apply tax law provisions to individual taxpayer scenarios.
- Differentiate between the Federal, State and City of Detroit income tax systems.
- Characterize the elements of the Federal, State and City of Detroit income tax returns.
- Prepare a comprehensive tax return utilizing income tax software.
- Explore Internet-based resources available for income tax preparation.
| ||138||142522||Income Tax Prep|| ||2||Sviland M||$12.00||28/30/0||Open||R 03:00 PM-04:54 PM AS710
| ||138||112508||Income Tax Prep|| ||2||Wood M||$12.00||22/30/0||Open||S 12:00 PM-02:26 PM AS720