Fabrication of student/instructor selected projects will be the format for this course. Emphasis will be on the development of fabrication techniques, including design, material selection, layout, material preparation and use of fixtures. Welding skills developed in WELD 120 and WELD 130 will be applied. There will be an opportunity for students to further investigate other industrial welding processes.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the skills required to successfully select or design plans for fabrication projects.
- Complete drawings required for fabrication project start up.
- Explain drawings required for fabrication project for approval before starting.
- Produce a bill of materials listing all material required for an approved fabrication project.
- Modify fabrication project to meet and process blue print modification changes.
- Select the proper welding process to produce fabrication project.
- Determine proper amperages needed to perform fabrication project.
- Demonstrate proper fit up joints before welding is done.
- Construct jigs and fixtures to control distortion before welding.
- Determine filler material required for joint welding to insure good sound welds.
- Operate fabrication equipment required for fabrication project completion.
- Develop a degree of proficiency with various set up tools.
- Determine joint fit up gap to eliminate distortion.
- Demonstrate skills needed to combine several different weld processes to complete required project welds.
- Generate a complete set of blue prints and material list of finished welding projects.
- Examine final project for any out of specification fabrication criteria.
- Interpret welding symbols used in fabrication project.
- Identify some metallurgical elements that would apply to any type of fabrication.
- Explain automation and robotic welding in prefabrication processes.
| ||223||143823||Fabrication|| ||4||Berrier C||$287.00||0/12/1||Closed||
|T R ||02:00PM-02:54PM||AS371|
|T R ||03:00PM-04:54PM||AS360|