Preparation for Welder Certification in Pipe Welding (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The need for "Certified Welders" continues to grow. Certification comes as a result of demonstration of competence by passing performance examinations. Although Schoolcraft College does not qualify or certify welders, the college can duplicate these tests, provide instruction in the proper welding procedure and provide the appropriate testing equipment to examine and evaluate the results. This course addresses competencies needed to become certified as a pipe welder. Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding can be used to produce these pipe welds.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the American Welding Society (A.W.S.) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (A.S.M.E.) welders qualification examination for pipe certification.
- Prepare a 3/8" steel plate for welding in out of position processes.
- Identify welding electrodes required to weld out of position weld joints.
- Prepare pipe and tube for certification welding.
- Prepare and test coupons using the guided 'U' bend test and the tensile test procedures.
- Calculate amperages required to produce certification welds.
- Determine proper polarities needed to produce certification welds.
- Complete a 5-G or 6-G pipe weld for examination.
- Complete a 5-G or 6-G pipe certification weld for testing at National Testing and Research Laboratories.
- Produce certification welds using several different welding processes.
- Explain reasons for using more then one welding process on pipe and tube.
- Modify welding technique to obtain maximum weld bead quality.
| ||214||127149||Prep Weld Cert Pipe Welding|| ||3||McLean C||$289.00||7/15/0||Open||
|T R ||10:00AM-10:54AM||AS371|
|T R ||11:00AM-12:26PM||AS360|
| ||214||117109||Pipe Weld Exam Prep|| ||3||McLean C||$289.00||3/15/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.