Advanced Processes - Stick Electrode and M.I.G. Welding
The student will gain additional knowledge and experience in both shielded metallic and gas metallic arc welding. Welding will be performed in all positions; flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead. The class will introduce the student to pipe cutting and pipe welding on heavy sections. Material will be formed and fabricated using power and hand operated tools and equipment. Students will produce several required projects that will simulate weld joints found in today's modern manufacturing and construction industry.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Operate material forming tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate skills in the S.M.A.W. process in all positions.
- Demonstrate skills in the G.M.A.W. process in the flat, horizontal and vertical positions.
- Produce welds on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals using the G.M.A.W. process.
- Prepare required welding exercises to specified measurements.
- Operate handheld pneumatic tools.
- Demonstrate skills operating specified fabrication equipment.
- Demonstrate skills welding pipe and tube.
- Determine proper welding currents needed to produce required welds.
- Identify proper welding electrode and wire sizes for job applications.
- Operate automated gas cutting equipment.
- Produce multipass welds on various weld joints commonly found in industry today using the S.M.A.W. and G.M.A.W. processes.
| ||120||143817||Adv Proc Stick MIG|| ||3||McLean C||$154.00||4/12/0||Open||
| ||120||143826||Adv Proc Stick MIG|| ||3||Neilson D||$154.00||6/12/0||Open||