Adhesive Joining Technology (1-3) 4 Cr. Hrs.
Adhesive joining technology concentrates on the design and assembly of metallic and nonmetallic materials including ceramics. Two major categories, structural and non-structural adhesive bonding, as well as adhesives selection, joint design, methods of surface preparation and joint evaluation will be compared to general mechanical joining techniques.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Select adhesives from of a wide range of materials.
- Determine methods to obtain maximum adhesion.
- Examine adhesive materials to find and improve properties.
- Explain the application of specific joint designs and how design can influence adhered effectiveness.
- Prepare metallic and nonmetallic substrate surfaces to effectively accept various adhesives.
- Explain terminology associated with bonding and bond failure.
- Calculate comparative property related data based on adhesive bonding and joint design.
- Prepare various plastic materials for welding.
- Explain set up of plastic welding equipment to avoid accidents.
- Determine the proper plastic welding filler material used for welding various plastics.
- Prepare plastic welded materials for destructive testing.
- Interpret destructive test data for making improvements in material properties.
| ||118||143852||Adhesive Joining Technology|| ||4||Ondrus D||$87.00||4/12/0||Open||
| ||118||113853||Adhesive Joining Technology|| ||4||Ondrus D||$87.00||12/12/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.