Gas Metallic Arc Welding (G.M.A.W./M.I.G.)
Theory and fundamentals of gas metallic arc welding commonly referred to as M.I.G. welding will be explored. This method of fusion of metals is widely used and is the fastest growing segment of the metal working industry. Emphasis will be on basic skill development and the establishment of sound work habits. The course is designed to provide entry level employability and a solid foundation for more advanced courses.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate skills in set up of Gas metallic Arc Welding machines.
- Produce sound welds on carbon steel.
- Produce sound welds on Aluminum.
- Demonstrate stringer and weave bead application of good quality.
- Produce sound out of position welds.
- Complete good sound welds on various thicknesses of Aluminum.
- Diagnose minor machine breakdowns.
- Explain different wire types used for different welding applications.
- Identify different metals used in required welding applications.
- Explain how shielding gases are produced.
- Develop a general knowledge of stainless steel and aluminum alloying elements.
- Demonstrate proper fit up of required exercises.
| ||115||143809||Gas Metallic Arc Welding|| ||3||Machnee M||$154.00||1/15/0||Open||
| ||115||143879||Gas Metallic Arc Welding|| ||3||Olson C||$154.00||1/15/0||Open||
| ||115||113825||Gas Metallic Arc Welding|| ||3||Machnee M||$154.00||9/15/0||Open||
| ||115||113833||Gas Metallic Arc Welding|| ||3||McLean C||$154.00||6/15/0||Open||
| ||115||113834||Gas Metallic Arc Welding|| ||3||McLean C||$154.00||3/15/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.