Contemporary Metal Sculpture 1 (1-3) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will explore the world of contemporary sculpture with metal. Emphasis will be on the different methods of welding, fabricating, forming metal and how these methods are applied to the principles of design in sculpture. Two critiques as well as pre-design layout will be required in the course. The required assignments will help develop fabrication techniques, conceptual thinking as well as artistic insight. This class is flexible enough to accommodate the entry-level or the advanced welder/artist.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Design a sculpture using a sketchbook, models and/or prototyping.
- Explore the boundaries of space, shape and form as part of the sculpture creation process.
- Produce 3-D metal sculpture taking into account material/subject/concept.
- Evaluate and source untraditional materials for sculpture.
- Solve problems inherent in surface preparation and installation of sculpture.
- Discuss sculpture from a technical as well as an aesthetic perspective in an objective and conceptual way.
- Demonstrate skills in welding with the MIG welding process.
- Demonstrate skills in welding with the TIG welding process.
- Demonstrate skills in welding with the Resistance Spot welding process.
- Demonstrate ability to safely cut and weld metal using the Oxy-Acetylene welding and cutting processes.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively cut metal using the Plasma cutting torch.
- Operate fabrication machinery safely and effectively.
| ||112||143812||Contemporary Metal Sculpture 1|| || ||Machnee M||$289.00||5/12/0||Open||
| ||112||113845||Contemporary Metal Sculpture 1|| || ||Machnee M||$289.00||4/12/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.