Sound Recording Technology
Advanced Audio Production 1 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a comprehensive examination of the principles and applications of digital audio in today’s recording and interactive media industries. Computer-based recording and editing is emphasized along with musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) technology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of MIDI theory, including basic communication protocols and hardware interfacing.
- Demonstrate techniques for interconnecting multiple MIDI devices for common recording and performance applications.
- Demonstrate the operation of various types of MIDI sequencers (including software and hardware based systems).
- Demonstrate the use of MIDI technology for device control, synchronization, offline data storage, and parameter automation.
- Demonstrate the use of software-based instruments in a MIDI production.
- Demonstrate techniques for original sound design, including synthesis, sampling, and advanced signal processing.
- Demonstrate techniques for loop-based production using traditional samplers and specialized software.
- Demonstrate the process for converting MIDI recordings into multitrack and mixed audio formats.
- Produce recordings that consist of MIDI-generated, electronic, and acoustical sound sources.
| ||221||145500||Advanced Studio Production 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||12/12/0||Open||
| ||221||145586||Advanced Studio Production 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||12/12/0||Open||
| ||221||125555||Advanced Audio Production 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||12/12/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.