Sound Recording Technology
Keyboard Skills for Recording Engineers (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
Students will apply knowledge gained in MUSIC 121 to use with electronic keyboard instruments used in the modern recording studio. Emphasis is on the operation of modern electronic keyboard instruments, MIDI and developing the fundamental musical skills used in contemporary music production. These skills will be applied to individual projects in the laboratory.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform diatonic triads, seventh chords, and suspended chords.
- Compose original chord progressions, bass lines, melody lines, and percussion parts for popular music styles.
- Perform original chord progressions, bass lines, melody lines, and percussion parts for popular music styles.
- Demonstrate the use of special function dominant chords as they are used in contemporary composition.
- Demonstrate common modulation techniques that are used in contemporary composition.
- Apply techniques of voice-leading on a keyboard instrument.
- Demonstrate the basic use of a MIDI sequencer, controller keyboard, and multi-timbral sound module to record an original composition.
| ||110||145524||Keyboard Skills Recording|| ||1||Blau B||$42.00||12/12/0||Open||
| ||110||115508||Keyboard Skills Recording|| ||1||Szajna S||$42.00||0/12/0||Closed||
| ||110||115553||Keyboard Skills Recording|| ||1||Beeler B||$42.00||0/12/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.