Intermediate Spanish 1
This course is a continuation of SPAN 102 and continues to cover grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Hispanic culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- SPAN 102 with grade of 2.0 or better or
- two years of high school Spanish or
- consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of intermediate Spanish texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in intermediate Spanish.
- Discriminate distinctive intermediate Spanish sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken intermediate Spanish.
- Pronounce intermediate Spanish words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak intermediate Spanish clearly and accurately with intermediate fluency.
- Integrate intermediate Spanish vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly intermediate rules of Spanish grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in intermediate Spanish through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare intermediate aspects of Spanish and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this intermediate Spanish course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
| ||201||110412||Intermediate Spanish 1|| ||4||Lonigro A|| ||16/28/0||Open||