Life-Span Developmental Psychology (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
Human development from conception through death is examined. Biological, cognitive and psychosocial development topics are explored with an understanding of the theories and research findings across the life-span.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize the contributions and criticisms of the major developmental theories and theorists.
- Examine common mistakes made in the interpretation of research.
- Examine the benefits of prenatal care.
- Explain the nutritional needs of infants.
- Differentiate three theories of language learning, and current views on language learning.
- Explain the main developments in the emotional life, including attachment theory, of the child between six months and two years.
- Discuss the major characteristics of Piaget's stage of preoperational thought.
- Explain the symptoms and treatment of specific mental health related disorders affecting, children, adults and the
- Examine the special problems of bullies and their victims and possible ways of helping such children.
- Explain the development of the brain during adolescence.
- Interpret the use and misuse of prescription medications when treating children, adults and the elderly.
- Explain the psychosocial and biosocial development of adolescence, adulthood and the elderly.
- Interpret the relationship between health and certain lifestyle factors and measures for increasing health during
- Examine changes in memory, attention and learning in adulthood.
- Evaluate changes in cognition and emotion in adulthood.
- Evaluate religious and cultural variations in how death is viewed and treated.
- Examine the contributions of gerontology to changing views about old age.
| ||229||112727||Life Span Developmental Psych ||Online||4||Pilgrim C||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||229||112417||Life Span Developmental Pscyh ||Online||4||Burke D||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||229||112486||Life Span Developmental Psych ||Online||4||Burke D||$12.00||8/31/0||Open||
| ||229||017716||Life Span Developmental Psych ||OE/OE||4||Morgan T||$12.00||19/31/0||Open||
| ||229||112130||Life Span Developmental Psych|| ||4||Burke D||$12.00||1/31/0||Open||
|T R ||12:30PM-02:24PM||BTC100|
| ||229||112131||Life Span Developmental Psych|| ||4||Schulz-Perez K||$12.00||0/28/0||Closed||
| ||229||112132||Life Span Developmental Psych|| ||4||Burke D||$12.00||0/24/0||Closed||
| ||229||112155||Life Span Developmental Psych|| ||4||Nandigama P||$12.00||5/28/0||Open||
| ||229||112305||Life Span Developmental Psych ||Online||4||Burke D||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||229||112442||Life Span Developmental Psych ||Online||4||Burke D||$12.00||10/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.