Principles of human thought and action with emphasis on individuals in their environment; individual differences in intelligence and personality; effects of heredity and environment on the organism; and the nervous system, perception, learning, intelligence, motivation and emotion and social relationships will be explored.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Recommended successful completion of courses in biology and social science at the 100 level.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate psychological studies with a research methodology approach.
- Apply statistical reasoning and concepts to psychological research.
- Explain the structures and the functions of brain anatomy.
- Analyze the influences of nature and nurture on behavior and mental processes.
- Compare and contrast the biological, cognitive and social changes across the life-span.
- Examine the major conceptual and theoretical oreinctation in social psychology.
- Apply the major concepts and theoretical approaches to learning.
- Classify common psychological disorders.
- Describe the major processes involved in human memory.
- Summarize different states of consciousness and their impact on behavior and mental processes.
- Apply emotions, stress and health models to everyday human behaviors and mental processes.
- Compare and contrast theoretical orientations in the study of personality.
| ||201||112359||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Jackson L||$30.00||2/31/0||Open||
| ||201||112728||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Pilgrim C||$30.00||14/31/0||Open||
| ||201||112112||Intro Psychology|| ||4||White-Underwood R|| ||0/31/4||Closed||
| ||201||112123||Intro Psychology|| ||4||Beebe D|| ||0/31/2||Closed||
| ||201||112341||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Hoffmann W||$30.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||201||112361||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Jackson L||$30.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||201||112448||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Hoffmann W||$30.00||12/31/0||Open||
| ||201||112750||Intro Psychology ||Online||4||Pilgrim C||$30.00||2/31/0||Open||