Capstone - Portfolio Preparation (1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
This course concludes the Pre-Pharmacy Program with the student's development of his/her admission portfolio for a prospective transfer university. Students will review their college learning experience as they collect, organize, and reflect upon evidence that demonstrates their attitudes, skills, knowledge, and abilities in the sciences, mathematics, and general education areas, according to the requirements of the transfer institution. In addition, students are required to take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) for inclusion of results in the admission portfolio.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- PHARM 101 .
- Must have taken PCAT or registered to take it during this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the Pre-Pharmacy admission requirements for his/her selected transfer university or universities.
- Design a print or electronic based professional level admissions portfolio, according to the guidelines of the transfer institution.
- Practice interview strategies using analytical, verbal, written, and visual presentation techniques.
- Explain the reasons for making portfolio assessment decisions.
- Present final deliverables: resume, business card, print-based and electronic portfolio.
- Critique final deliverables for peers.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.