Office Information Systems
Office Communication - Editing Skills
The ability to communicate clearly and accurately has been identified by employers as their number one priority. This course is designed to review and incorporate the principles of grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and spelling into the writing of or proofreading and editing of business documents.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A skill level of ENG 050 or higher on the placement test.
- OIS 102 strongly recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the most common types of errors when proofreading.
- Differentiate between transposition errors, added copy errors, omitted copy errors, incorrect letters, and numerical errors.
- Prepare letters, memos and reports in an acceptable form.
- Demonstrate proper sentence structure in business documents.
- Determine the correct punctuation to use in business documents according to acceptable English standards.
- Explain the basic rules for capitalization, numbers, and abbreviations.
- Manipulate the correct usage of proofreading symbols.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
- Summarize a magazine article, in report form, on any topic that relates to information processing using proper format and sentence structure.
| ||105||047741||Office Communication & Editing ||OE/OE||3||Laird A||$30.00||27/31/0||Open||