Nursing - NCLC
Maternal-Child Nursing 1 (2.5-7.5) 5 Cr. Hrs.
This course emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing in caring for the childbearing family and pediatric clients. Theoretical content focuses on human sexuality, normal pregnancy, labor, delivery, post-partum, normal newborn, growth and development and common uncomplicated pediatric health disorders within the practical and registered nurse scope of practice. Clinical experiences with the childbearing family and pediatric clients are provided in acute and community settings utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the role of child-bearing/child-rearing nursing.
- Examine the effect that cultural and social influences have on child bearing/child-rearing families.
- Examine communication techniques with child-bearing/child-rearing families.
- Apply the nursing process to the nutritional needs of child-bearing/child-rearing families.
- Apply the nursing process to pregnant women.
- Apply the nursing process to clients and their families experiencing uncomplicated labor and delivery.
- Apply the nursing process to post-partum clients and their families.
- Apply the nursing process to healthy newborns and their families.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with family planning needs.
- Determine the significance of the family-child relationship in the care of pediatric clients with common health problems.
- Apply concepts of growth and development to the care of pediatric clients.
- Explain the physiologic, motor, psychosocial, cognitive and language development in pediatric clients.
- Apply concepts of health promotion, prevention and maintenance for child-rearing families in hospital and community settings.
- Apply the nursing process to common pediatric alterations.
- Explore the concept of pain and its management related to the child-bearing/child-rearing family.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency with medication dosage calculations.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.
| ||128||125712||Maternal Child Nursing 1|| ||5||Cronin BStegbauer K||$510.00||18/27/0||Open||
| ||128||125713||Maternal Child Nursing 1|| ||5||Stegbauer KCronin B||$510.00||21/27/0||Open||
| ||128||115706||Maternal Child Nursing 1|| ||5||Cronin BStegbauer K||$510.00||2/32/0||Open||
| ||128||115707||Maternal Child Nursing 1|| ||5||Stegbauer KCronin B||$510.00||8/32/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.