Applied Music - Instrumental 6 (1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is the sixth class in the sequence of courses for students studying instruments of the band and orchestra, including classical guitar, at Schoolcraft College. This course includes one weekly private lesson, a one-hour weekly studio class and required practice (minimum of six hours for non-majors and varies according to specific major and transfer requirements for music majors). Students will be advised about appropriate daily practice time requirements, repertoire, skills, (for music majors) transfer requirements and required courses related to music curriculum. Performance examinations will be held at the end of each semester. This course is for music and non-music majors.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate growth in technique for performance skills pertaining to the specific instrument of his/her study.
- Demonstrate individual practice routines with his/her instrument.
- Demonstrate effective preparation for instrumental recitals, including preparation with an accompanist where appropriate.
- Analyze performance pieces in terms of style, musical terms and composer.
- Demonstrate musical skills needed to work quickly and effectively with an accompanist. (Does not apply to classical guitar and other specified instruments).
- Demonstrate various techniques involved in playing selected repertoire.
- Explain various techniques involved in playing selected repertoire.
| ||291||147145||Applied Music Instrumental 6|| ||2||Moss F||$477.00||20/20/0||Open||
| ||291||118140||Applied Music Instrumental 6|| ||2||Moss F||$465.00||18/20/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.