Applied Music - Voice 8
This is the eighth in the sequence of voice classes at Schoolcraft College. This course includes one weekly private lesson, a one-hour weekly studio class and required daily practice as assigned by the instructor. Students will be advised about appropriate daily practice time requirements, repertoire, skills, (for music majors) transfer requirements and required courses related to music curriculum. Performance examinations will be held at the end of each semester. This course is for music and non-music majors.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate individual vocal training routines.
- Demonstrate skills in breath control suitable to the repertoire being studied.
- Demonstrate singing on pitch.
- Demonstrate musical skills needed to work quickly and effectively with an accompanist.
- Demonstrate effective preparation for vocal recitals, including preparation with an accompanist.
- Explain various aspects of musical pieces, including musical forms, techniques, composers and historical background.
- Critique student's own musical performance as part of determining practice steps.
- Demonstrate effective physical approach to vocal performance (posture, poise, stage presence, etc.).
- Demonstrate accuracy in following a composer's written notation regarding notes, rhythms, control of pulse, dynamics and expression marks.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.