Jazz Lab Band - Improvisation 3
This group is geared to the less experienced jazz player interested in performing contemporary jazz music in the big band setting, but with some emphasis on improvisation. The Lab Band will perform at concerts during the school year. This is the third course in a series and the class is open to all students, high school and college, and members of the community. An audition at the beginning of each semester is required. Additional Jazz Lab Band Improvisation credits may be earned in future semesters by enrolling in MUSIC 259.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of the individual's role in a larger performing ensemble.
- Demonstrate the importance of individual preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Participate in group preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Develop technical skills to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
- Develop musicianship skills to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
- Demonstrate improvisation skills within the ensemble setting.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.