Piano Teaching Techniques and Materials 2 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed for teachers enrolled in the Piano Teaching Certificate Program. It is the second course in a series and emphasizes techniques and methods for teaching the intermediate piano student.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain early childhood development as it relates to intermediate piano study.
- Identify appropriate intermediate piano materials for individual students.
- Demonstrate appropriate sequencing of intermediate piano materials.
- Explain appropriate musicianship skills for the third through sixth years of study.
- Integrate appropriate musicianship skills into a student's piano lesson program.
- Explain how to prepare students for recitals.
- Explain the Michigan Music Teacher Association (MMTA) and national certification opportunities.
- Explain how to prepare students for state and national testing programs.
- Evaluate advanced students' performance skills at these grade levels at major music festivals in the local area.
- Identify appropriate pedagogical texts and reference books for a professional library.
- Expand the personal professional plan for operating a private teaching studio developed in Music 247.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.