Applied Music - Piano 3
This is the third course in the sequence of piano classes offered at Schoolcraft College. This course includes one 45-minute private lesson weekly, a two-hour weekly studio class and required practice (minimum of six hours for non-majors and varies according to specific major and transfer requirements for music majors). Students will be advised about appropriate daily practice time requirements, repertoire, skills, (for music majors) transfer requirements and required courses related to music curriculum. Performance examinations will be held at the end of each semester. This course is for music and non-music majors.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate growth in technique for keyboard performance skills.
- Demonstrate growth in sight-reading for keyboard performance skills.
- Demonstrate growth in harmonization for keyboard performance skills.
- Demonstrate growth in transposition for keyboard performance skills.
- Demonstrate physical approach to keyboard.
- Demonstrate effective preparation for piano recital.
- Demonstrate individual practice routines.
- Analyze performance pieces, technically and historically.
- Critique student's own musical performance.
- Explain music theory as it relates to selected performance pieces.
- Demonstrate accuracy in following a composer's written notation regarding notes, rhythms, control of pulse, dynamics and expression marks.
| ||231||118121||Applied Music Piano 3|| ||2||Ascheri G||$220.00||22/35/0||Open||