Choir 3 (2-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is the third course in which students will explore the principles of choral singing and musicianship. Music of all styles and periods will be included. Choir is an elective for all students, regardless of major field. Additional Choir credits may be earned in a future semester by enrolling in MUSIC 218.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the importance of the individual musician's role in a large choral ensemble.
- Demonstrate the importance of individual preparation in choral rehearsals and choral performances.
- Participate as an individual musician in the choral music experience.
- Develop vocal technique skills that contribute to the overall quality of choral performance.
- Develop a competent level of musicianship that contributes to the overall quality of choral performance.
- Identify the general music styles and performance practices of classical and non-classical choral literature applied in rehearsal and performance.
- Identify important choral music genres sung in rehearsal and performance.
- Sing in foreign languages used in choral music.
- Use the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) to pronounce foreign language texts.
- Formulate a personal artistic understanding of the importance of choral music as an art and the choral ensemble as its process.
| ||217||147181||Choir 3|| ||2||Drake J||$165.00||25/30/0||Open||
| ||217||127152||Choir 3|| ||2||Drake J||$159.00||26/30/0||Open||
|T R ||07:00PM-10:10PM||F301|
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.