Physician Office Transcription (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to introduce the student to transcription practices utilized in the physician/medical office practice/setting. The importance of accurate transcription will be an essential aspect for this course. Report format and general transcription guidelines will be explored. The student will gain experience by transcribing office, clinic and hospital dictation from many medical specialties.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for accurately transcribing physician’s dictation.
- Utilize established medical transcription styles, forms and practices.
- Transcribe medical documents.
- Interpret transcribed dictation.
- Utilize medical reference materials to verify accurate translations of dictated medical reports.
- Explore the role of the medical transcriptionist in the physician’s office, clinic and hospital.
- Format medical chart notes, history and physical examination reports, consultation letters, diagnostic imaging reports and procedure reports.
- Operate dictation and transcription equipment.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.