Basic Machining Processes (2-4) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will cover fundamental manufacturing processes. The student will be exposed to manual machine operator skills. Particular course emphasis will be on machines, tools and measurements to produce an end product. This is a hands-on class with two-thirds of the time in the manufacturing lab.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Operate machinery safely.
- Interpret blueprints, including common drafting symbols.
- Use calculator to perform mathematical operations.
- Measure using direct-reading instruments.
- Use precision measuring tools.
- Identify the basic processes of material removal.
- Select the tools required for basic material removal.
- Apply basic cutting speeds and feeds for tools and materials.
- Examine the types of machinery used for material removal operations.
- Explain the planning of machining operations.
- Develop the order for required machining operations.
- Develop process sheets for others to follow.
- Complete process sheets for others to follow.
- Produce threads on a lathe.
- Lay out for holes location on a part.
- Use a rotary table to produce a part.
- Create threading tool by free hand grinding.
- Determine tap drill size with formula or charts.
- Use surface grinder to square up and size a part.
| ||102||145015||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes G||$366.00||17/20/0||Open||
| ||102||145051||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes G||$366.00||18/20/0||Open||
| ||102||125001||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes G||$348.00||9/20/0||Open||
| ||102||115004||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes G||$348.00||0/20/0||Closed||
| ||102||115062||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes GSchaffrath M||$348.00||2/20/0||Open||
| ||102||115090||Basic Machining Processes|| ||3||Keyes G||$348.00||0/20/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.