This course will explore the real number system, fundamental operations with real numbers, graphing, linear equations, factoring polynomials, rational expressions, exponents, quadratic equations, applications and introduction to the function concept.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 47 or equivalent with grade of 2.0 or better.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply properties of arithmetic and algebra to simplify and evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Express the sums, differences, products and quotients of polynomials in simplest form.
- Express the sums, differences, products and quotients of rational expressions in simplest form.
- Solve linear equations in one variable.
- Solve linear inequalities in one variable.
- Factor polynomials.
- Solve quadratic equations by factoring.
- Solve rational equations.
- Solve literal equations for a specified variable.
- Solve applications using linear equations in one variable, quadratic equations or rational equations.
- Graph linear equations in two variables using a table of values, x and y intercepts, or slope/y-intercept.
- Write a linear equation in two variables using slope-intercept form, point-slope form, or standard form.
- Explore the function concept using the vertical line test, determining the domain and range from a graph, or by evaluating functions.
| ||053||112425||Beginning Algebra ||Online||4||Bearden L||$30.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||053||112460||Beginning Algebra ||Online||4||Bearden L||$30.00||23/31/0||Open||
| ||053||112763||Beginning Algebra ||Online||4||Bearden L||$30.00||10/31/0||Open||