Topics covered in this course include an introduction to variables, integers and algebraic expressions; simplifying algebraic expressions involving integers, fractions and decimals; solving algebraic equations involving integers, fractions, decimals and percents; ratio and proportions; applications using basic concepts from geometry; and introduction to graphing via point-plotting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Competence in arithmetic without using a calculator OR
- MATH 45 or equivalent with grade of 2.0 or better.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving integers.
- Apply order of operations to mathematical problems.
- Solve linear equations involving integers, fractions and decimals.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve problems involving perimeter, area, volume and the Pythagorean theorem.
- Translate English expressions into mathematical expressions.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points.
- Simplify expressions using properties of exponents.
- Simplify fractional expressions.
- Simplify expressions by removing parentheses and combining like terms.
- Simplify polynomial expressions.
- Factor Greatest Common Factors from polynomial expression.
- Apply the prime factorization method to Greatest Common Factor or Least Common Multiple problems.
| ||047||112373||Prealgebra ||Online||3||Bearden L||$30.00||10/31/0||Open||
| ||047||112778||Prealgebra ||Online||3||Kerr S||$30.00||6/31/0||Open||