The topics covered in this course include arithmetic with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages and proportions. In addition, several topics from geometry are included.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Minimum test score of 11 ACT or 23 CPT (Arithmetic). Competence with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers without the aid of a calculator.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving fractions.
- Solve ax = b and x + a = b where a and b are whole numbers, fractions, or decimals.
- Convert between fraction, decimal, and percent forms of a number.
- Compare quantities using ratios or unit rates.
- Solve consumer applications.
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving decimals.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Apply the order of operations procedure.
- Apply mathematical terminology, such as sum, product, difference, quotient, commutative, associative, factor, multiple, prime, etc.
- Calculate perimeters of polygons and circumference of a circle.
- Calculate areas of rectangles, triangles and circles.
| ||045||143055||Basic Mathematics|| ||4||Hu Z|| ||7/31/0||Open||
|T R ||06:30PM-08:56PM||BTC200|
| ||045||143132||Basic Mathematics|| ||4||Maddox A|| ||6/28/0||Open||
| ||045||143133||Basic Mathematics|| ||4||Falardeau A|| ||16/31/0||Open||