Massage Techniques 3 (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course, students will learn to assess soft-tissue tension, restricted range of motion and trigger points. Students will learn a variety of neuromuscular techniques to address these conditions. Applications of techniques for musculoskeletal injuries will be integrated into the role of massage in chronic pain.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain assessment procedures to a client.
- Perform postural, visual, palpatory and auditory assessments.
- Correlate intake and assessment data with client goals.
- Assess tissues to determine appropriateness of massage applications.
- Justify the application of neuromuscular techniques for soft tissue dysfunctions.
- Perform a therapeutic massage incorporating neuromuscular techniques.
- Explain compensation patterns and their relationship to massage.
- Correlate ergonomic factors to structural and functional soft tissue disorders.
- Design a collaborative self-care plan for clients to maintain health.
- Design a comprehensive treatment plan for multiple massage sessions.
| ||132||227853||Massage Techniques 3 ||Hybrid||3||Travis L||$154.00||18/18/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.