Business and Professional Skills 1 (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is the first of three courses on the non-technical skills necessary for success in the workplace. The foundational course presents the history of massage, ethical principles and scope of practice. Students will practice communication skills and explore the role of boundaries in a professional setting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Relate the history of massage and its influence on the development of massage therapy.
- Assess the role of professional associations in the advancement of massage therapy.
- Compare the scope of practice and code of ethics of professional organizations and legal entities.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Demonstrate personal and professional boundaries.
- Characterize the principles of customer service.
| ||115||217827||Business & Professional Svcs ||Hybrid||2||Mazurek TOliver K|| ||6/18/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.