This is the foundational course for the skills needed to practice massage therapy in the student clinic and a professional clinical setting. Students will discuss and practice client interviewing, health histories and SOAP note charting. Issues of safety, client accommodations and identifying common contraindications will be addressed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Employ professional communication skills during a client interview.
- Design a safe and effective setting for performing massage.
- Apply professional recordkeeping standards to session charting.
- Demonstrate accountability in a clinical setting.
- Organize a massage session for a new client.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.