Massage Techniques 1
This is the introductory course that provides students with a solid foundation in the knowledge and skills necessary to perform massage. Students will learn to apply traditional massage strokes with purpose and effect while using efficient body mechanics. Issues of hygiene, sanitation and self-care will be emphasized throughout.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate universal precautions and methods of disease control.
- Create a hazard-free and comfortable massage setting.
- Use the body in an efficient and biomechanically correct manner when giving a massage.
- Organize the equipment, supplies and set-up procedures required for a massage session.
- Perform the set up and adjustments for a massage table, massage chair and all related equipment.
- Examine the effects of massage methods and techniques.
- Conduct a wellness assessment.
- Interpret the results of a wellness assessment.
- Design a basic treatment plan for a single massage session.
- Perform a relaxation massage.
- Adapt professional draping techniques during a massage.
- Demonstrate correct client positioning for application, comfort and safety.
- Demonstrate use of multiple massage techniques.
- Demonstrate varying rhythms, sequences and continuity during a massage to obtain the intended outcomes.
- Perform a seated massage.
- Classify basic indications, cautions and contraindications for massage.
- Manage time within a client session.
- Design a basic self-care strategy for health maintenance.
| ||112||244150||Massage Techniques 1|| ||5.50||Drescosky K||$280.00||6/18/0||Open||
| ||112||214102||Massage Techniques 1|| ||5.50||Drescosky K||$280.00||15/18/0||Open||
|M W ||09:00AM-09:54AM||RC275|
|M W ||10:00AM-12:52PM||RC275|
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.