Strategies for Digital Research: Introduction to Information Literacy
This course provides students with the technical skills needed to locate, access and critically evaluate electronic (digital) information. Additionally, it will teach students information management strategies once they have learned how to access appropriate information sources.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Confirm the nature of information needed by selecting topics.
- Create a research strategy.
- Acquire relevant information from multiple electronic sources.
- Evaluate information for accuracy, validity, bias, authority, relevance and credibility.
- Organize information in meaningful ways.
- Explain plagiarism.
- Paraphrase quotes appropriately to ensure understanding of information and to avoid plagiarism.
- Demonstrate how to cite information sources using various citation styles.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.